Start date: Immediate
Office: Redhill, Surrey
We are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer that can demonstrate suitable experience in below ground drainage (Section 104) and standard road design (Section 38/278). As a Senior Engineer you will be capable of working on your own initiative with minimum supervision and also be able to supervise and support junior members of the team. Our Senior Engineers are expected to be responsible for the production of technical design information including drawings, specifications and report writing.
Reference RED-SCE 2018
You will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results to our clients. Working as part of a team and reporting to a Partner or Associate on a daily and weekly basis, you will work on a variety of Civil Engineering projects and be expected to:
- Own project production from inception to completion with Partner or Associate oversight only including project management plans, appointment documents, financial management, invoice drafting, report writing and calculation, specification, drawing and PDS/Civils3D Model production.
- Prepare Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies to suit Client purposes.
- Provide leadership and management to the resources on a project basis.
- Manage and record health and safety risks and maintain Designers Risk Assessments in accordance with CDM regulations and all guidance.
- Take responsibility and provide technical/commercial knowledge and decisions to control our exposure to risk with Project Partner support as necessary.
- Advise and update the Project Partner of any possible changes to scope, circumstances, or programme that may impact on cost and agree actions.
- Be conversant with the practice Integrated Management System, policies and procedure and ensure document control of the projects undertaken is maintained.
- Liaise with co-professionals and clients on a project basis through meetings and conference calls etc, with input to information production and execution programmes.
- Delegate workload and monitor delivery and help train and mentor other team members.
- Liaise with Associates and Partners on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to plan and ensure sufficient resourcing to enable timely project delivery.
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of sites; prepare reports or sections thereof.
- Act on behalf of CampbellReith at Design/Project meetings and to promote the services and skills of the practice including the negotiation and obtaining technical approvals/solutions.
- Develop client and co-professional relationships to build your own network of work-referrers and strengthen existing Partner and Associate relationships.
The office workload is likely to include highways and drainage engineering in relation to civils building projects such as residential schemes, schools, industrial units, commercial and retail buildings etc.
- MINIMUM OF 6 YEARS EXPERIENCE COMPILING SUBMISSION TO UK BUILDING CONTROL.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of civil engineering solutions across highways and drainage design.
- Significant knowledge and experience of the principles and application of all relevant regulations and guidance including, but not limited to the most up-to-date versions of Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Sewers for Adoption.
- Experience of PDS, Microdrainage and AuotCAD (Civils 3D preferable)
- Knowledge and experience of the application of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to plan and manage personal and team effectiveness.
- Be competent and confident in giving presentations internally and to clients and co-professionals on a project and general level.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the professional risks carried by the practice and the actions necessary to satisfy the terms of our appointments, warranties and insurances.
BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil Engineering preferred.
Preferably Chartered or near Chartered (within 1 year) with ICE or similar organisation.
Training: CampbellReith operates a Company Approved Training Scheme through the Institution of Civil Engineers and can provide structured training to candidates seeking Chartership.
CampbellReith offers competitive salaries and holiday and other entitlements. We are committed to the training and personal development of our staff.
Please email us, quoting reference RED-SCE 2018
See company benefits here.
CampbellReith is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.