Start date: Immediate
CampbellReith is looking for a Project Civil Engineer to work in our busy Manchester office, located in the City Centre.
Reference MAN-PCE 2019.
Candidates will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results to our clients. Working as part of a team and reporting to a senior staff member, you will work on a variety of Civil Engineering and Development Planning / Regeneration projects.
The Team regularly undertakes projects in a variety of sectors including Housing, Retail and Industrial for a broad range of both public sector and private sector clients in the UK. Our Manchester office delivers a complete range of Civil Engineering services from due diligence and scheme concept through to detailed design and construction monitoring.
- 3-4 years experience in highways and drainage works in UK;
- Knowledge of storm and foul water drainage network design using MicroDrainage;
- Knowledge of and design capability for SUDS systems;
- Conversant with highway layouts (vertical and horizontal alignments);
- Competent in using AutoCAD for general civil engineering drawing production;
- Knowledge of Flood Risk Assessments would be beneficial;
- Experience of preparing calculations, drawings and reports;
- Able to successfully communicate with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers within CampbellReith;
- Familiar with Health & Safety, environmental and managerial procedures;
- Able to present / represent your technical work (presentations / meetings);
- Comfortable with assigning and checking the work of technicians/administrative staff;
- Be working towards Chartership with a relevant professional body
What we are looking for
We encourage our Engineers to have vision, problem-solving capabilities, ambition, enthusiasm, and drive. We recognise that people are the key to our success. We ensure that we provide them with a varied workload and encourage them to extend themselves in order to reach their full potential. The person we need should possess:
- A questioning / challenging approach – not be afraid to ask the right question at the right time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements or seek guidance when unsure
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- A commercial and client focused approach
Applicants should have an MEng (or equivalent) Civil Engineering Degree.
Working for CampbellReith
Working for CampbellReith offers you the opportunity to think as an engineer, to be innovative and creative, and to develop your skills technically and commercially. We endeavour to inspire and motivate every member of our internal team and, when the office closes at the end of the day, we offer an active social club run by the staff for the staff.
CampbellReith operates a Company Approved Training Scheme through the Institution of Civil Engineers and can provide structured training to candidates seeking Chartership. CampbellReith offers competitive salaries and holiday and other entitlements. We are committed to the training and personal development of our staff.
We have a very active social club run by the staff for the staff which you will be invited to join. Past events have included ten-pin bowling, go-karting, treasure hunts and comedy club nights.
See PDF version of offer here.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MAN-PCE 2019