CampbellReith is celebrating its 60 year anniversary!
Mark Sadler, Partner at CampbellReith talks about his most favourite project since joining in 2003!
The existing building was constructed in 1916 as a factory for the Ford Motor Company. It was a three-storey Grade II listed reinforced concrete framed building. The project saw three further storeys added to the building behind a domed, glazed roof. This was achieved with minimal strengthening undertaken to the existing building.
The result? A striking office building which reuses existing structure and therefore minimises the impact on the environment. More projects should be like this as not only do they deliver environmental and sustainable spaces, they create interesting buildings.