Start date: Immediate
Office: Redhill, Surrey
We have a requirement for a Civil Engineering CAD Technician to join our busy team to support our increasing work load.
CampbellReith is a leading firm of consulting engineers providing structural, civil, geotechnical, environmental and transportation engineering design services, throughout the UK and overseas. We have a requirement for an experienced Civil Engineering CAD Technician to work in our Redhill office, located in Surrey.
Candidates will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results to our clients. Working as part of a team and reporting to a senior staff member, you will work on a variety of infrastructure projects to deliver drawings and some designs.
The office workload is also likely to require some structural engineering drafting in relation to building projects including schools, industrial, commercial and retail units. The role will also entail providing drafting support across other disciplines including geotechnical and transport teams.
- High level of competency and experience of Civil engineering CAD in earthworks, highways and drainage works in the UK in all versions of Autocad including Civils 3D is essential.
- CAD and/or Revit experience of structural engineering works for general building design including reinforcement detailing is desirable.
- CAD experience of geotechnical and geoenvironmental drafting for earthworks packages and ground investigation reports (desirable)
- Experience with the preparation of adoption drawings for both highways and drainage (section 38/278, section 104); and have knowledge of and design capability for SuDs systems
- Competent in the use of Autotrack
- Conversant with highway layouts (vertical and horizontal alignments)
- Competent in developing and setting up drafting standards
- Accustomed to storm and foul water drainage network design using WinDes design software and integration with CAD desirable
- Experienced in PDS 3D ground modelling system and lines & signs
- Dynamic forward thinking person with good communication skills
- Problem solver, ability to work within a team with sometimes conflicting priorities but able to work under pressure and develop realistic programmes committed to delivery and driving production forward to meet project requirements
- IT literate with a strong interest in system development and improving drawing standards.
- Should have minimum of three years’ experience in AutoCAD Civils 3D, together with a combined eight years’ experience at producing high quality civil infrastructure design/details in AutoCAD
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a fast pace design office
Minimum HND in Civil Engineering is preferred.
What we offer
CampbellReith operates a Company Approved Training Scheme through the Institution of Civil Engineers and can provide structured training to candidates seeking Chartership.
You will have the opportunity to be part of CampbellReith’s Social Club, run by and for the staff, which organises leisure events as well as CSR activities including participation on local runs and fundraising for various charities.
Please email: email@example.com, quoting reference RED-CAD-2018
CampbellReith is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.