Start date: Immediate
Following a number of successful major appointments for large multi-disciplinary projects, we are seeking Senior Civil Engineers in our Manchester office to manage and assist in the delivery of these, and other complex and challenging schemes in a variety of sectors.
Reference MAN-SCE 2017
Reporting to a Partner and Associate, the successful candidate(s) will lead the infrastructure design team and support the delivery of large commercial and residential developments through the Planning process to construction, providing technical review, programme management and leadership for the Project Engineers.
We expect our Senior Engineers to demonstrate leadership and technical knowledge in all aspects of Development Planning.
You will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results to our clients. Working as part of a team and reporting to a Partner or Associate on a daily and weekly basis, you will work on a variety of Civil Engineering projects and be expected to:
- Prepare bids for small to medium sized projects and assist in preparation of bids for larger commissions.
- Own project production from inception to completion with Partner or Associate oversight only including project management plans, appointment documents, financial management, invoice drafting, report writing and calculation, specification, drawing and Civil3D Model production.
- Prepare Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies to suit client purposes.
- Provide leadership and management to the resources on a project basis.
- Manage and record health and safety risks and maintain Designers Risk Assessments in accordance with CDM regulations and all guidance.
- Take responsibility and provide technical/commercial knowledge and decisions to control our exposure to risk with Project Partner support as necessary.
- Advise and update the Project Partner of any possible changes to scope, circumstances, or programme that may impact on cost and agree actions.
- Be conversant with the practice Integrated Management System, policies and procedure and ensure document control of the projects undertaken is maintained.
- Liaise with co-professionals and clients on a project basis through meetings and conference calls etc, with input to information production and execution programmes.
- Delegate workload and monitor delivery and help train and mentor other team members.
- Liaise with Associates and Partners on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to plan and ensure sufficient resourcing to enable timely project delivery.
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of sites; prepare reports or sections thereof.
- Act on behalf of CampbellReith at Design/Project meetings and to promote the services and skills of the practice including the negotiation and obtaining technical approvals/solutions.
- Develop client and co-professional relationships to build your own network of work-referrers and strengthen existing Partner and Associate relationships.
The office workload is likely to include highways and drainage engineering in relation to civils building projects such as residential schemes, schools, industrial units, commercial and retail buildings etc. The office is also involved in the delivery of several large projects for the Homes & Communities Agency as well as numerous projects for housing developers, planning consultants and other professionals.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in the design of highway and drainage infrastructure.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of civil engineering solutions across highways and drainage design.
- Significant knowledge and experience of the principles and application of all relevant regulations and guidance including, but not limited to the most up-to-date versions of Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Sewers for Adoption.
- Extensive experience of Microdrainage and AutoCAD (knowledge of Civil 3D preferable also).
- Knowledge and experience of the application of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to plan and manage personal and team effectiveness.
- Be competent and confident in giving presentations internally and to clients and co-professionals on a project and general level.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the professional risks carried by the practice and the actions necessary to satisfy the terms of our appointments, warranties and insurances.
BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil Engineering preferred.
Preferably Chartered or near Chartered with ICE or similar organization.
CampbellReith operates a Company Approved Training Scheme through the Institution of Civil Engineers and can provide structured training to candidates seeking Chartership.
CampbellReith offers competitive salaries and holiday and other entitlements. We are committed to the training and personal development of our staff.
How to apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference MAN-SCE-2017.
NB No Agencies please and all candidates should note that we prefer direct responses to those via an agent.
CampbellReith is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, marital status, race, colour, nationality, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief.