Pump House No.5 is Kent’s first distillery producing a range of spirits – premium vodka, gin and whisky. The building is a Grade II Victorian pump house which was used to pump water out of the dry docks.
It is located within the Chatham Maritime area that was formerly part of the Chatham Dockyard. A brick built engine and pump-house constructed in 1879 during the development of Chatham Dockyard for the Royal Navy.
The main part of the building was turned into a micro distillery with a visitor centre in the Southern section. The alcohol produced in here will be sold in the UK and exported abroad. The northern end of the building was transformed into a bar/restaurant.
CampbellReith’s provided consultancy for this project, to receive planning consent from the Local Planning Authority. The team of transportation engineers updated the previously prepared Transport Statement to support the amended proposal.
Pump House No.5 will is one of the last naval dockyard buildings to be brought back to use.
Services: Highways & Transport